No Time for Reflection: Moore at Ia Drang
I have found this analytical essay regarding the battle at Ia Drang Valley in Chapter seven: No Time for Reflection: Moore at Ia Drang in the the book Command Concepts – A Theory Derived from the Practice of Command and Control by Carl H. Builder, Steven C. Bankes, Richard Nordin - Rand Corporation 1999.
Both the individual chapter and the entire book can be accessed free of charge at
Nguyen Van Tin
- A critical analysis of Command Concepts - No Time for Reflection
22 July 2011
- Books, Articles
* Pleiku, the Dawn of Helicopter Warfare in Vietnam, J.D. Coleman, St. Martin's Press, New York, 1988.
* We Were Soldiers Once… and Young, General Harold G. Moore and Joseph L. Galloway, Random House, New York, 1992.
* "First Strike at River Drang", Military History, Oct 1984, pp 44-52, Per. Interview with H.W.O Kinnard, 1st Cavalry Division Commanding General, Cochran, Alexander S.
* The Siege of Pleime, Project CHECO Report, 24 February 1966, HQ PACAF, Tactical Evaluation Center.
* Silver Bayonet, Project CHECO Report, 26 February 1966, HQ PACAF, Tactical Evaluation Center.
- Viet Cong